Board of Directors
Elson J. McDougald, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Over 46 years of experience in the oil and gas services business.
- Chairman of Savanna Energy Services Corp. (“SVY”) from August 2006 to May 2008.
- Founding Chairman, President and CEO of Western Lakota Energy Services Inc. from 2001 to 2006.
- Founding Chairman and CEO of Tetonka Drilling Inc., 1997 to 2000.
- Prior thereto Founder, Chairman, President and CEO of Laredo Drilling Ltd.
- Past director or Chairman of Phoenix Technology Income Fund, the Alberta Treasury Branch, Alberta Petroleum Equipment Company Ltd., Lakeside Farm Industries Ltd. and Vencap Equities Alberta.
W. Randy Hawkings, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Over 29 years of experience in the oilfield services sector, including over 22 years of drilling engineering, both domestically and internationally, and over 7 years of drilling contractor experience, including new rig construction and footage drilling.
- Was a Principal of Enercon International and Enercon Engineering, providing drilling project management services for various oil companies in Western and Eastern Canada, West Texas in the United States, as well as Argentina, Bolivia and Venezuela in South America.
- Vice President and COO of Western Lakota Energy Services from 2003 to 2006
- Vice President and General Manager of the Lakota Drilling Division for Savanna Energy Services from 2006 to 2007.
- Prior to Enercon and Western Lakota, Mr. Hawkings was employed as a drilling engineer for Ladd Exploration Company, Hi-Tower Drilling and Canadian Superior Oil.
- Mr. Hawkings has a Bachelor of Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering) from the University of British Columbia and is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA).
Donald R. Seaman, Director
- Mr. Seaman was a founding director of Western Lakota Energy Services and founder, principal shareholder and Chairman of Artisan Drilling Ltd. Mr. Seaman is the President of D.R.S. Resource Investments Inc., a private investment company. Mr. Seaman was former Senior VP of Bow Valley Industries and President of Bow Valley Resource Services. Mr. Seaman has a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan.
Daniel G. Kolibar, Director and Corporate Secretary
- Mr. Kolibar is a partner at the law firm of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Calgary, Alberta. Mr Kolibar specializes in securities law with a focus in both private and public offerings and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Kolibar serves as a director or Corporate Secretary of a number of private and public companies. Mr. Kolibar received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Calgary in 1985 and his Bachelor of Law degree from the University of Alberta in 1988.
C. Kent Jespersen, Director
- Mr. Jespersen has been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of La Jolla Resources International Ltd., an advisory and investment company, since 1998. He has also held senior executive positions with NOVA Corporation of Alberta, Foothills Pipe Lines Ltd. and Husky Oil Limited before assuming the Presidency of Foothills Pipe Lines Ltd. and later, NOVA Gas International Ltd. Mr. Jespersen is Chairman and a director of Orvana Minerals Ltd. and a director of a number of public companies including TransAlta Corp. Mr. Jespersen holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Education and a Master of Science degree in Education from the University of Oregon.
Rodger Hawkins, Director
- Mr. Hawkins brings a wealth of experience to CanElson, with over 30 years of experience in audit and accounting with a focus on junior public companies in the resource, technology and resource service sectors. Mr. Hawkins, prior to his retirement in early 2007, was the Managing Partner of the Calgary office of BDO Dunwoody. Mr. Hawkins is presently a business consultant providing advice to a number of clients in different industries.
Dale Johnson, Director
Mr. Johnson has built on engineering and management academic credentials with almost 40 years of experience in corporate leadership, operations management, business development, project management and turnarounds for private and public companies, primarily in the oil and gas sector. He has had responsibility for the design and construction of both onshore and offshore drilling rigs for applications ranging from the North Sea to the Canadian Arctic to the Peruvian jungle. In addition to his role as a director with CanElson, he presently provides management consulting services and serves as non-executive Chairman of a leading online financial services firm listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM).