W. Randy Hawkings - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Over 29 years of experience in the oilfield services sector, including over 22 years of drilling engineering, both domestically and internationally, and over 7 years of drilling contractor experience, including new rig construction and footage drilling.
- Was a Principal of Enercon International and Enercon Engineering, providing drilling project management services for various oil companies in Western and Eastern Canada, West Texas in the United States, as well as Argentina, Bolivia and Venezuela in South America.
- Vice President and COO of Western Lakota Energy Services from 2003 to 2006
- Vice President and General Manager of the Lakota Drilling Division for Savanna Energy Services from 2006 to 2007.
- Prior to Enercon and Western Lakota, Mr. Hawkings was employed as a drilling engineer for Ladd Exploration Company, Hi-Tower Drilling and Canadian Superior Oil.
- Mr. Hawkings has a Bachelor of Applied Science (Mechanical Engineering) from the University of British Columbia and is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA).
Ron Barmby - Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Began as a roughneck at age eighteen and developed a unique and diversified global career in drilling, completions, exploration, production, and corporate executive leadership.
- Was the senior executive in charge of all geological, geophysical, and engineering functions for a successful private company exploring in Turkmenistan and The Gambia, and held several senior executive and technical roles in domestic and international public exploration and production companies, with operations spanning the Far East, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, Australia, and North America.
- In addition to many international drilling assignments, drilling credentials include Drilling & Completions Manager of Amerada Hess Canada.
- Has a 34 year track record of excellence in Safety, Health, and Environment, culminating in a First Nation and Alberta Government nomination for the prestigious Emerald Award for environmental excellence.
- Holds both Bachelor (1978) and Master (1982) degrees in Petroleum Engineering from the U of A, and has published and presented at many conferences globally.
Michael (Cannon) Smith - Vice President & General Manager - Saskatchewan
- Over 25 years experience in the oilfield services sector in Southeast Saskatchewan. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Smith was a field supervisor for Ensign Energy Services where he managed 8 drilling rigs from 2005 to 2008.
- Rig manager for Big Sky Drilling Ltd. (acquired by Ensign Energy in 2003) where he retained the same drilling crew for 7 years without any turnover of the drilling team.
- Mr. Smith had been with Big Sky Drilling Ltd. or Ensign Energy Services until joining the Company.
Lawrence Kolasa - Vice President, Rig Construction
- Over 24 years experience in the oilfield services and drilling rig construction business.
- Field supervisor for Western Lakota responsible for constructing all of Western Lakota’s rigs (45).
- Rig manager for Tetonka Drilling Inc., where he constructed 3 rigs.
- Rig manager for Precision Drilling Corp., where he assisted in the construction of 7 rigs.
- Formally also with Sedco Drilling and ADECO Drilling.
Robert Skilnick - Chief Financial Officer
- 10 years of experience in a broad range of corporate finance and accounting activities.
- Controller of Bow Valley Energy Ltd. for one year, where he assisted with a financial restructuring and eventual corporate sale.
- 8 years with KPMG in Calgary and abroad, most recently as Senior Manager in Calgary where he served a broad range of clients including mid-sized oil and gas service companies, E&P companies and various international financial services companies.
27 years oilfield experience, starting from roughneck level.
10 years as an onsite drilling supervisor, before moving to Calgary as a Drilling Superintendent.
Experience in many different disciplines of drilling, from surface setting rigs to Sour Critical Foothills drilling.
Commenced employment with CanElson in Mexico assisting with the start-up of the Company's joint venture.
Currently living in Midland, Texas and overseeing the Company's operations in the Permian Basin.